Sunday, September 12, 2010

Chicken rug is done!

Wow.  This sure took awhile, didn't it!  If you remember, dear reader, I started this rug back in April when I went to my first rug camp.  I walked in the door with wool and a pattern.  I walked out with barely 2 chickens done.  Once I got home, I felt like I had to finish the fruit rug before finishing this one.  Then, life happened and I didn't have a lot of time to work on anything at all.  I finally bit the bullet and took the rug with me on vacation to Kelleys Island.  The border was so tedious.  The rug is 40+ inches by about 28 inches so there's lots and lots (and lots) of border to do.  But, after a few days at the lake, I had the border pretty much done.  That left me the final (darkest) chicken. 

I love the rug and I'm actually considering putting it on the floor (gasp!).  Most of my rugs are on walls because they are too precious to walk on.  But, I think I'm ready.  I just need to find a spot where my children never tread...

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it such a great feeling to finally finish a project that has gone on, and on, and on? Your chicken rug turned out wonderfully - congrats - and what's next? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your chicken rug! Scroll down and your very cool recycled sweater wallets kinda match the colors in your rug. Funny how "our" colors wind up in the rugs we hook, too.

    Great blog.

    ReplyDelete