Thursday, October 1, 2009

Here we go!

I've been planning to do this for over a year and now we're going to dig in. I hope to post about my projects which litter the dining room of my house, threatening every day to spill into the foyer, kitchen, etc. DH is a patient man.

I am, primarily, a knitter. If I was lost on a desert island and could only bring one handcraft, it would be the sticks and string. I've knit for 25 years and still manage to learn something on every project.

But, about 10 years ago I discovered felt. Specifically, felted wool sweaters from thrift stores and friends and even random acquaintances who would say, "Aren't you the girl that likes shrunken sweaters?" I dove into this new world with aplomb and have loved every minute. Purses are the main product, but I'm having a lot of fun branching out on this. And, recycled wool led me to recycled cashmere. I made lots and lots of scarves and couldn't bear to throw out even a small scrap of this precious and fabulous fiber. So, armed with a bin of cashmere scraps, I've spent the past year, in part, finding uses for these. My Etsy shop is chock full of stuff and I'm making more every day. Check it out: www.ragingwool.etsy.com

Get your lint brush and let's have some fun!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud to be your first follower. I am also a wool sweater nut. I love what you are doing and will put a link to your blog on mine. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new blog!! Have fun with it :)

    ReplyDelete